- What is our mission?
- What is the best way to contact CaregiverUSA
- Where are we located?
- What is CaregiverUSA hours of operations?
- Why choose home care?
- Why choose CaregiverUSA?
- What are the services that we offer?
- Why choose CaregiverUSA caregivers?
- If I need to change my appointment, what should I do?
- Do you offer Dementia care for my grandfather?
- What are the advantages of working with a Home Care Agency?
- Do you provide insurance authorization?
- How do I change my existing caregiver to your provider?
- How do I initiate getting your service through my physician?
- What are the steps involved in engaging your services through my physician
1. What is our mission? At Caregiver USA Corporation (CGUSA), we believe we can achieve value and happiness through caring for people and change the way home care is administered in the United States. What sets our company apart from the rest is that we are true to our mission by implementing convenient care platforms not offered by other companies and involving you in the decision making process. We believe that it is a person’s right to make choices about their health care, including choosing to live and heal at home with comfort and dignity. We take a client-centered approach to care and we put your personal needs and choices first.The mission for our home health agency proprietary care platform is to transform how care is administered to you by allowing the continuum of care from the hospital to your home to be efficient, cost effective and reliable.
2. What is the best way to contact CaregiverUSA? If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Our main office is located at 6089 Frantz Road, Suite 105, Dublin, Ohio 43017.
Main phone: 614-408-9939
Toll free: 1-844-601-0404
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Where are we located? CGUSA is a company headquartered in 6089 Frantz Road, Suite 105, Dublin, Ohio specializing in the business of home care services. Through our home health agency and online proprietary care platforms, CGUSA aims to transform the way that care is delivered today by motivating, empowering and mobilizing people and communities to care about people around them.
4. What is CaregiverUSA hours of operations? Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Clients are seen by scheduled appointment only, though we offer many same day appointments for immediate assistance. For after hours, weekends, holidays, and emergencies you can call our office at 614-408-9939 to be directed to our On-Call Clinician.
- You enjoy a higher level of personal comfort and independence at home.
- You recover more quickly at home.
- Home care reduces the risk of hospital re-admittance.
- Home care costs are significantly less than transitional and long term care facilities.
- We provide licensed nurses and therapists.
- We provide appointment scheduling so that our caregivers go to our clients’ homes at their preferred and convenient times.
- We provide the convenience so that our clients and their loved ones can plan and schedule service times by telephone or using the online tool on our website.
- Our Caregivers have extensive background checks completed successfully and documented.
- We are licensed and insured.
- No long term contract needed.
3. What are the services that we offer? Our services include home care skilled nurses, licensed physical and occupational therapists, home health aides, companion care for seniors, and homemaker services for patient care in dementia, cardiac rehab, diabetes, cancer, stroke and post-surgery when they may not be able to leave their homes for medical services.Our comprehensive range of home health services are developed and focused on providing care within the comforts of your home. We help you recover more quickly at home and avoid readmitting to the hospital. You will enjoy a higher level of personal independence and experience higher morale when you heal at home. We will handle all your medical paperwork with Medicare or your insurance company.
4. Why choose CaregiverUSA caregivers? Our caregivers provide holistic, comprehensive care to your loved one and to the entire family. We can help with everything from eating difficulties, physical and expressive behaviors, safety in and outside of the home, activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, dressing, and toileting), mobility, medication management, and end of life planning.All our insured, trained and competent Caregivers through our home health agencies are employees of CGUSA and they have completed extensive background checks that includes the following:
- Criminal Background Check
- National Criminal Records Check
- Social Security Number Trace & Address History Trace
- Sex Offender Watch List & Terrorist Watch List (OFAC)
- 7 Year County Criminal Check
- Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Employment Credit Check
- 10 Panel Drug Screening
5. If I need to change my appointment, what should I do? We do require 24-hours notice if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment. You can call our office at 614-408-9939, toll-free 1-844-601-0404, email at email@example.com, or fax 614-698-0403.
6. Do you offer Dementia care for my grandfather? If so, call us today to find out how we can assist you with managing the challenges of dementia as a whole.We can help with everything from eating difficulties, physical and expressive behaviors, safety in and outside of the home, activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, dressing, and toileting), mobility, medication management, and end of life planning.Our caregivers provide holistic, comprehensive care to your loved one and to the entire family.
7. What are the advantages of working with a Home Care Agency? After deciding that home care is the right option, consumers weigh their options of hiring a home care agency or contract directly with a home health aide or nurse. However, consumers should be aware of the following benefits of working with a home care agency versus the risks of a direct hire:
By hiring a home health aide or nurse directly, the individual consumer and their family takes on the responsibilities as their employer. This includes paying for the employee’s payroll taxes, workers compensation, unemployment insurance, and liability. If the employee gets hurt during their time providing care or commuting to or from the individual’s home, it is the consumer that is legally and financially liable. Working with a home care agency alleviates the client of these responsibilities.
Peace of Mind:
Unless the consumer does a criminal background check at their own expense, the consumer does not really know who is providing care in their home. Home care agencies are required to conduct thorough criminal background checks
that provide more comprehensive data than available to the public prior to any home care agency employee stepping foot into a client’s home.
Security and Contingency:
If a consumer’s direct hire harms or steals from the consumer, it is still the consumer that is liable. However, home care agencies are required to maintain various insurances to protect their clients and are required by law to promptly investigate all complaints of abuse or theft. Furthermore, home care agencies can provide a replacement without disruption of service if the home care agency employee gets sick, injured, or changes jobs.
Ongoing Training and Supervision:
If the consumer has a direct hire, the consumer is responsible for continuous training and supervision. In contrast, home care agencies have the experience, knowledge, training, resources, and licensure to ensure that their employees are thoroughly trained in all services performed, including safe infection control, falls prevention, emergency preparation, and personal care tasks.
Check us out www.caregiverusa.com or call 1-844-601-0404.
10. How do I initiate getting your services through my physician? It’s easy. Just request for a prescription for CaregiverUSA Home Healthcare and physical therapy services from your physician. We’ll then take charge going forward.
11. What are the steps involved in engaging your services through my physician Step 1: You request for a prescription for CaregiverUSA Home Healthcare and physical therapy services. Step 2: Your physician office will FAX the information to 614-698-0403 or you can send us your prescription information directly by calling 614-408-9939.Step 3: Upon receiving the information, a Registered Nurse from CaregiverUSA will contact you to schedule an in-home visit to start managing your care among you, your physician and us.Step 4: Caregiver USA will contact your insurance or Medicare to verify your information. Step 5: Please ensure that you have your Insurance or Medicare information, prescription medication lists, and prescription for home healthcare services ready before our nurse arrives at your home.